Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tuna Cakes

I love canned tuna....tuna paste, tuna pate...etc etc but my favourite are tuna cakes. They can be eaten hot or cold and accompanied by a sauce or dip are great!

I have found most recipes use breadcrumbs as the filler..i prefer mashed potatoes - the taste this way is great. Also note that you can really add whatever tickles your fancy to the mixture - coriander and curry - corn and cilantro - these tuna cakes are so versatile!


Ingredients:
2 cans tuna fish
1/2 cup onion, chopped very finely ( you can also cook the onions before adding to the mixture)
2 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
Fresh parsley, chopped
Garlic, crushed (use as much or as little as you like)
1 egg, beaten well
Salt and Pepper
Flour or breadcrumbs to roll in.
peanut oil for cooking.


Method:
Mix all the above!!
Shape into patties.
Roll in flour or breadcrumbs
Fry, turning until both sides are nice and brown.
You could also grill these patties - but i like frying them in peanut oil..nice and light!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm! This does look good. I'll have to try this on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy..happy to find this recipe. Copied and printed for dinner tonight.
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good! I like canned tuna but if I open it when my boyfriend is home he will have a fit because of the smell! I will have to make these when Im home alone ;)

    (by the way, I accepted my award finally!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried making these...thought id let you know they are so EASY to make and taste so good! I used a corn relish with mine..yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I love tuna but never knew what to do with it other than tuna sandwiches so this sounds wonderful. I will definitely try it out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, cheaper the crab but just as tasty I am sure.

    I am open to doing a care package exchange, drop me an email!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.