Friday, July 24, 2009

Chicken Chowder

I guess this would be an American recipe - not sure of its origin but given to me by a friend of a friend who caters. She says its a great success - and i think so too! I love all types of soups and this is great with some crusty bread - a whole meal in fact!

Ingredients:
1lb skinless chicken breasts, cubed
6 slices bacon (English style - I get mine at Fresh and Easy)
1/2 chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
2 cups cooked, cubed, potatoes
2 cups cream
2 cups baby corn, chopped
1/2 cup frozen petit pois
1 tsp paprika.
Salt and freshly ground pepper.
Chives.

Method:

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain (but keep the drippings) and crumble. Set aside.
Cook chicken in the same pan, stirring all the time. Remove and set aside.
Add the celery and onion to the pan. Cook until tender. Add spices.
Add potatoes, cream, corn and peas and cook for about 5 mins.
Add the chicken and stir until hot.
Serve in bowls topped with the bacon and some chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.