Thursday, July 9, 2009

Antipasto di Melanzane - eggplant/aubergine dip

Aubergines/Eggplant/melanzane are abundant in the Mediterranean. This was a favourite dip to make in summer.

INGREDIENTS
I large aubergine
1 bunch of parsley - chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons pesto (see my recipe)
1 tbs breadcrumbs
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

METHOD
Set over to 200C for 1/2 hour
Make a cut in the aubergine and put on a grilling plate in the oven.
Put in the oven for about 1/2 hr when the inside should be soft and easy to spoon out
Put the pulp into a blender together with the rest of the ingredients until the mixture looks like a dense cream.
Leave in the fridge for a day and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a garnish of basil


2 comments:

  1. Darn....just got back from the farmers market; saw some eggplant and passed it up. Will try this soon it looks great~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I hope my comment doesn't go through twice, IE just shut your site down on me so I'm using Mozilla right now - I love your recipes and ideas so just nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award and linked to your site:) Just bought 2 eggplants at the FM today and this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.