Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Swiss Sugar Cookies

This is a super easy way to make delicious cookies. They can also be iced to look festive. Again, thanks to Nikki for this recipe.

Swiss sugar cookies
Ingredients
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar

Method
Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy.
Gradually add flour.
Add yeast mixture and blend well.
Refrigerate dough until well chilled.
Spread sugar out on a large piece of waxed paper.
Roll walnut-sized balls of dough into the sugar, pressing flat until dough is thin, about the size of a doughnut.
Keep flipping dough and pressing into sugar during this stage.
Place on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until very lightly browned around the edges.
Cool on racks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this one, I've been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe
    I'll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.