Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Apricot Cake



Most recipes are for the upsidedown type...this isn't! Thanks to my Austrian friend, Nikki, this is ever so easy. I always used fresh apricots but i guess canned could also do...never tried that though. Great with a cuppa tea !

Ingredients:
100gms butter
200 gms sugar
3 egg yolks
300 gms self rising flour
3 egg whites (beaten to a froth)
1/8 to 1/4 milk
Pack of vanilla sugar
1 1/2 lb apricots - stoned and halved

Method:
Beat the butter, sugar and egg yolks till smooth.
Add the flour, egg whites and milk.
Pour into pan
Top with Apricots.
Cook at 200C for 30-40 mins.
Let Cool
Dust with powdered sugar (optional)

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.