Friday, July 17, 2009

Grilled Swordfish


Swordfish is one of the most popular fish eaten in Malta. Cooked fresh on the barbie or grill they make a great summer meal!

Ingredients:
4 swordfish steaks, 3/4" thick
6 scallions, ends trimmed
I tbs honey
1 tbs vinegar
1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs teriyaki sauce
1 lemon, sliced, for garnish.

Method:
Mix all ingredients except the swordfish, lemons and scallions. Put in a zip lock bag and add the fish to coat completely. Put in fridge for an hour.


Light BBQ or grill.
Coat grill with oil or cooking spray
Grill fish for about 5 mins each side, basting with marinade.
Brush scallions with marinade and grill for the last 4 mins of cooking.
Serve with lemon slices and a drizzle of marinade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.