Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Panna Cotta

















This recipe was sent to me by a friend back home in Malta. I believe she got it from a restauranteur friend of hers so if so, kudos to the chef! I tried this yesterday and its is YUMMY!

INGREDIENTS:
4 cups heavy cream
2 packets powdered gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbs cold water
Strawberries, sliced, for the top


METHOD
Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.in the meantime, put the milk and cream in a pan, add the sugar and, on a low heat, bring to a boil.
As soon as it boils, take of the heat and add the vanilla
Pour the Panna Cotta mixture over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
Divide the Panna Cotta mixture into the prepared cups, then chill them until firm, about 2-3 hrs.
Slide the panna cotta out of the cups using the blunt edge of a knife
Add the strawberries, maybe a twist of mint and serve

1 comment:

  1. I love Panna Cotta, there are so many different flavors you can make, just by changing the topping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.