Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Almond tart - torta di mandorle


Several years ago, when i lived in Europe, I would make regular visits to Sicily - Catania to be precise - to shop and to eat! This is one of my favourite desserts and i got the recipe off the Locandiera of our pensione who was also the cook.
Enjoy!
thirstycoasters.com
Ingredients:
250 gr. flour
300 gr. sugar
pinch of salt
3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
100 gr. butter
250 gr. Almonds chopped
powdered sugar
1/2 pack instant yeast

Method:
Mix the flour, and yeast, add the butter in pieces, 50gms of sugar, 2 egg yolks and 2 tbs of iced water. Let rest for 20 mins
Chop the almonds and add 250gms of sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1 whole egg and the vanilla sugar and mix well.
Grease a baking pan , put in the pastry covered by the almond mixture and level out. Cook at 180 for about 35 mins.When cool dust with powdered sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.