Sunday, August 2, 2009

German Potato Salad

Although a German recipe, this comes form my friend Regula who lived in Basel, Switzerland. This was a dish often served at her home, together with some most excellent German sausage - a great meal for a cold day. Sauerkraut was also something else i learnt to enjoy!The main difference between German potato salad and American potato salad is that the former is made with HOT potatoes and is usually served warm.However it's also great cold.


Ingredients:

About 6 potatoes, boiled , peeled and sliced (not cubed)


For Dressing
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon of spicy brown mustard
1/2 - 3/4 cups of mayonnaise
3 rashers of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (optional)

Mix the above (except the bacon and eggs)and pour over the potatoes.

Sprinkle the bacon and eggs over.

Serve warm. refrigerate any remaining salad as soon as possible. Can be eaten cold later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.