Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shrimp Flambé with Ricard

This super recipe was obtained during a vacation - my cousin got it off the chef ! It got passed to me and i gave it a shot...

Oh yummy!! and I LOVE Ricard...its is an aquired taste though - and you can always use Pernod as an alternative...same same!!

This recipe, with the famous liquor from the South of France, Pastis, evokes Cote D'Azur evenings shared with friends and family. Pastis can be found at any large liquor store.
Watch the clear alcohol turn cloudy when you add cool water and ice.

Shrimp Flambé with Ricard (Pastis)Serving Size: 6

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds shrimp
1/3 cup Ricard (Pastis is a licorice flavored alcohol popular in the south of France)
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 whole tomato -- diced
1/2 whole onion -- diced
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon parsley -- chopped
salt and pepper -- to taste

Method
In a medium saute pan, over medium-high heat, saute the shrimp in the olive oil,constantly turning, season with the salt and pepper.
After several minutes, add the garlic.
After another minute, add the vegetables and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the Ricard and light on fire.

BE CAREFUL.

Let the alcohol burn off.

Serve with white or wild rice

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.