Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pisellata - Peas and eggs

I have no idea where this recipe came from - all I can say is that it was always used when we could not think of anything too cook. Its fast, easy, and rather nutritious.
I am just giving the basic idea on how to make this. Adjust the quantities according to how may are eating!

Ingredients: (per person)
1 egg
about 1 - 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 onion
1 rasher bacon.
about 1/4 cup broth or water and a piece of stock cube

Method
Fry the onion and bacon in a tad of oil, then add the stock/broth until almost translucent.
Add the peas and cook until almost done

Add the eggs (as if you were frying them sunny side up)
Put the lid on the pan for a few minutes

READY!!!
Weird? i think so but it tastes great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.