Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Healthy Fish Dish

After all the fattening food in my last posts, here is something healthy, tasty and easy to make!
Recipe courtesy of my dear old mama....


Ingredients

1 catfish fillet or two if small. can use any other type of white fish fillets.
1 spring onion
1 large tomato
few leaves fresh basil
1 lemon slice
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
olive oil, extra virgin, cold pressed.

Method:
Wrap fish in pouch of parchment paper and top with white part of spring onion,and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Lightly steam fish in microwave for two minutes.
Slice two rounds from tomato for decoration use and chop the rest roughly, add salt and pepper and chopped basil leaves.
Serve fish decorated with the tomato rounds, the chopped tomatoes the lemon round cut in half, decorate with sprig of basil, check seasoning and sprinkle with a thin stream of olive oil.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The fish does look very healthy yet delicious! And I am a big fan of fish and seafood.

    Angie's Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating fish with tomatoes!! What a great combination of ingredients in this beautiful dish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.