Friday, August 28, 2009

Green and yellow beans with peppers and garlic

I use string beans for this recipe, a mixture of yellow and green. The sesame oil adds an interesting flavour to the dish.

Ingredients
1/2 lb green beans
1/2 lb yellow beans
2 tsp olive oil
1 small red and one small yellow pepper (seeded and julienned)
1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste.

Method
Boil the bean until tender but crisp, about 3 mins
Drain, plunge in iced water to stop the cooking then drain again
Heat olive oil over a medium heat( I use a wok here )
Add the peppers and cook for about 2 mins
Add the beans and cook for a couple more minutes
Add the chili and garlic, and saute until cooked.
Drizzle with the sesame oil and season.

A ZERO cholesterol dish with only 50 cals a serving!!!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty and I love the addition of sesame oil! Some sesame seeds might be nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the colours! So vibrant and vividly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful I love sesame oil and all the vegs. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.