Thursday, September 24, 2009

Savoury Biscotti


I really have the biscotti bug!

I bought some sun dried tomatoes and decided that i would make herb and tomato biscotti. They made a great accompaniment for my caprese salad!
The recipe is similar to my almond biscotti, with a few substitutes.

Ingredients.
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs canola oil
1/2 tsp mixed herbs ( I used Italian Seasoning)
3 sun dried tomatoes (chopped)

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method.
Pre heat oven to 350F
Combine the flours, and baking powder.
Mix the eggs, water, oil, tomatoes and herbs.
Add to flour.
Mix until the dough is well blended
Put the dough on a long sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a flat log about 12" long, 3" wide and 1" thick. You will need the plastic cos the dough is rather sticky.Lift the wrap and transfer the dough to a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake for about 20-30 mins until lightly browned.
Remove from the oven, put onto another baking sheet or a cutting board and leave for a few minutes to cool slightly.
Cut crosswise on the diagonal using a serrated knife and cut slices of about 1/2" thick.
Put the slices back on the baking dish, cut side down and bake for another 20-30 mins or until crisp.

5 comments:

  1. mmmm biscottis! usually I have them with coffee but since this a savory biscotti, I would love to have them with a bowl of soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried savoury biscotti before, this sounds very interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog and can't wait to try some of these receipes when I get to Malta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to dip these biscotti into a creamy bowl of soup. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.