Friday, September 18, 2009

Easy Pancakes


Pancake mix is always an easy way out but try this recipe and you will never use a mix again!
You can choose your choice of topping, add fruit etc etc. This is a great basic recipe

Ingredients
1½ cups flour
10 oz milk
2 oz sugar
2 oz butter, melted
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (beaten)
pinch of salt

Method
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk, eggs and melted butter.
Mix well. Leave the batter in the bowl for about 15 mins before using.
Heat up a frying pan on a medium heat. (if you have a pancake pan, you would just need to heat it after spraying with some non stick spray)
Melt a dab of butter in the frying pan.
Pour in a little of the pancake batter.
As the pancake begins to cook, small bubbles appear. When the bubbles start to pop, its time to flip the pancake.
Cook on the other side for 1 minute until golden.
Stack pancakes on a plate and serve with your favourite toppings.

I love sugar and lemon juice best - but now its up to you!

5 comments:

  1. Sugar and Lemon Juice? I have never thought of that! I never make pancakes, I should mroe often. This recipe sounds great! (I always sprinkle salt on my pancakes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had pancakes for awhile either and I too prefer lemon and sugar on them. I must try your recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been making pancake since i was 4 but i try this recipe looks and sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the milk, approximatly how many ml is that?sorry and thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.