Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes

This is an ever so easy recipe sent to me by Gina - its easy and always works! You can add icing, jam or any other topping or just leave plain.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbs canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup warm water

Method
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line muffin tin with paper liners. (a 12 muffin tin will do)
Whisk flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add eggs, buttermilk, oil, extract, and water and on low speed beat until smooth.
Divide batter among lined cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
Bake about 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Transfer tins to wire racks to cool 10 minutes; turn out cupcakes onto racks and let cool completely.
You can Sprinkle the top with hundreds and thousands, icing or whatever tickles your fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.