Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick and easy salad

I paid a visit to La Buona Tavola in Seattle and bought some amazing truffle salt. It seems expensive but a tiny pinch goes a long way and the taste is amazing. Just a dash of it on a salad makes such a difference.
Trying to make up for my over indulgence, I decided to stick to a salad today. Fast and easy. I used some baby spinach leaves, an avocado, a large tomato and some cubed cheese. Can't remember the name but again bought on my trip. I think it was a creamy type of cheese buy you can use any type. I made a dressing using balsamic vinegar, a dash of the truffle salt, some olive oil and pepper. Added a few basil leaves and DONE!
Nothing very original but I thought I'd share the truffle salt with you! You can buy it on line so no excuses!!

2 comments:

  1. Refreshing and Yummy, not to mention, healthy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is a good blog! You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques,Or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, restaurant and recipes...why don't you
    visit us sometimes, if it's food you're interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't hesitate to check us out.

    I hope to see you there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.