Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Guacamole

I am back from my trip to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo in Mexico....and did I eat!! The resort was all inclusive so I had a chance to sample lots of food! However, I did eat the best guacamole ever so I asked the chef for his recipe. It was so simple! I wasn't given the exact proportions but here is what I was told. Ah yes, I agreed to post the chef's picture too!!
Guacamole
4 avocados, get the best quality you can find.
Mash with a spoon.
add:
1/2 a small red onion finely chopped
2 firm yet ripe tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded and chopped finely
1tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp fresh cilantro very finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste.
Add to the mashed avocado and mix well

Serve with nachos.

Here are a few pictures of Club Med Ixtapa. You really should try out Club med! E mail me if you want details and a great bargain!


The sailing shack - I sailed (no wind though!) and went for a kayak ride.
Another view of the beach.

View of the beach from the reception



My room, and this is the most basic...you should see the suites!

I am off to Seattle now so I hope I will get some good recipes from there! Keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos, glad you had a wonderful time. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.