Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pike Place Market

This was a must on my list of things to do in Seattle. I miss a Marketplace as there was a great one in Malta - which reminded me of Pike Place. Lots of vendors, noise, smells (good ones) and people.
The variety of food here, however, was amazing - there seemed to be all types of stuff from fruit to vegetables, flowers, jams, some handmade items and of course fish!
The small shops around the market place were also really interesting. there was one that just sold oils - and had a tasting table! Mum bought some for my Brother who kindly took us to the airport - and picked us up. Stupid me did not buy some for myself!
This is the 'Sotto Voce' shop. Their website is http://sottovoce.com and worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love farmers and food markets. These photos depict such a wonderful array of treats. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.