Friday, March 4, 2011

Useful Kitchen Tips

I have been reading Bertolli's site this week. So much useful information - so go take a look!
here are some great kitchen tips:







  • To keep your kitchen towels absorbent, don’t dry them with a dryer sheet. What’s in the sheet that keeps clothes soft will make them less effective. Hang towels to dry instead.
  • Try this trick to remove fish, garlic, onion and other strong cooking odors from your hands: cut a lemon in half and rub over your skin.
  • "Whipping cream" and "heavy cream" are nearly the same thing, except some whipping cream contains emulsifiers that help it retain its shape after beating.
  • When filling pots for boiling, use cold water. Hot water can pick up sediments and minerals as it goes through your pipes, which can affect the taste of your food.
  • Cheesecloth is great for bunching herbs and spices for soups, but paper towels are a great stand-in for storage. To keep hard cheeses like Parmigiano Reggiano fresh, wrap them tightly in a paper towel, then in plastic cling wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.