Thanks to real simple for this recipe. check out their website for more delicious recipes
- Some butter for the baking dish at room temperature
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup horseradish ( the grated kind you buy in the jar. It's not the fresh root you grate at home. Nor is it the creamy pre-made sauce you can buy at the store. )
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 lbs potatoes (russet are the best) peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cream, horseradish, nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared baking dish, pressing gently to submerge the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden, 50 to 65 minutes.