5 Must-Have Kitchen Accessories for 2011
Whether you are building, remodeling, or just looking to better equip your already existing kitchen, you’ll no doubt want to know of the latest and greatest kitchen accessories. For whatever purpose, from technical to safety to decorative, 2011 dishes up a wide array of embellishments for what is probably the most important room in your home. Want to ensure your kitchen is decked out in the best of modern convenience? Scoop up the items from this list of five must-have kitchen accessories for 2011:
1. Microfiber Wondercloths. These amazing cloths are good for cleaning spills, dirt or grime off of any type of surface, and with no chemicals! Simply dampen the Wondercloths with water, then dust, wipe down spills, or rub out any type of filth with a few swipes. The magic microfiber is not only effective for virtually any type of mess, but absorbs seven times its weight in moisture and dirt!
2. Bamboo cutting boards. These come in a variety of sizes, styles and price-points, and are easy to find. The use of bamboo for kitchen chopping boards is getting to be very popular these days because bamboo absorbs very little moisture and actually has a natural antibacterial quality, so you can keep the soap away from your food prep area.
3. Flame-retardant, commercial-grade oven mitts. Save your skin from painful burns by investing in these upgraded, quilted mitts. They extend up over most of the forearm for extra safety and are perfect for indoor baking and outdoor grilling. What’s more, their heavy-duty construction means they’ll be a staple in your kitchen for many years, as opposed to the flimsy terrycloth versions.
4. Bookgem Book Holder. Keep your workstation clear when you use this handy contraption to hold your paper books, iPad, Kindle, smartphone, eBook, or any other of a variety of modern-day devices and tablet computers. Not only does it free up your counter space, but it protects your gadgets from moisture and food as well!
5. Lodge Logic pre-seasoned cast-iron meat rack/trivet. This simple accessory is perfect for raising meats, pies, roasts and other foods off the bottom of the cooking pan in order to prevent scorching and/or to separate drippings. Pre-seasoned and ready for immediate use, the eight-inch round rack fits conveniently into most cast-iron skillets and Dutch ovens, and its cast-iron construction ensures even heat distribution and cooking.
There you have it: a list of must-have kitchen accessories sure to top-off even the most well-appointed kitchen. So stock up on one, or grab all five. Once you have these items in your repertoire, you’ll wonder what you ever did without them!
About the Author: Angela Q. is a certified ultrasound technician by day and an aspiring cook and part-time blogger by night. She loves experimenting with new dishes and enjoys testing all sorts of kitchen gadgets!