Sunday, December 27, 2009

Turkey Broth

Even if you never usually make stock from bones, now is a good time to start since you have all those left over turkey bones!


Home made broth lifts soups and sauces into a different league, and it really isn't difficult to make

Put all the turkey bones and skin into a large pot and cover with cold water. Add "pot herbs", an onion, a carrot, a celery stick, a couple of bay leaves, a few peppercorns and a handful of parsley stalks.

Bring the pot to a simmer then transfer to an electric slow cooker (crock pot).

If you don’t have a crock pot, you can cover and put in a very low oven (200F/100C) for six hours or overnight.

Once the time is up, strain the stock and cool it, before chilling in the fridge and lifting off the fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.