Monday, December 21, 2009

Potato Fritters

A recipe that I found on Butta la pasta, a great Italian site that has the most wonderful recipes!
Potato fritters are a quick and easy meal and accompanied by a salad makes for a great main course or a quick supper. Check out the site for more recipes - in Italian!


Ingredients
400 gr cooked potatoes, mashed or cubed
130 gr flour
50 gr grated parmiggiano
1 tsp powdered mustard
50 gr butter (cut in small pieces)
1 egg
1 clove of garlic(crushed)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Method
Mix the flour, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper
Add the butter and mix till you get a breadcrumb like consistency.
Add the beaten egg, the garlic, cumin and milk
Mix well then add the potatoes.
Cover a baking tray with greasproof paper, spay with non stick then put spoonfulls of the mixture about 1cm away from each othere.
Cook in a pre heated oven at 200C for about 15 mins

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious - and since I don't read Italian, I'll have to rely on you for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful but can you convert the potato and flour measurement into cups?
    Thank you.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. to convert the measurements, there is a great converter on my blog..i still use the european measurements im afraid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.