Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Christmas contribution

This year we are celebrating Christmas at my daughter's new home - her first Christmas there! My contribution is going to be Tiriamisu.  Its really easy to make but this time, for some reason, we just could not find the savoiardi - ended up ordering them from Amazon! Whats so great about this recipe is that there is no cooking at all so it's quick to make. It's important that, since the eggs are raw, you use really fresh eggs - better taste and safer!


Ingredients
500 gms Mascarpone
150 gms savoiardi (lady fingers)
4 eggs
4 tsp sugar
1/2 cup strong coffee mixed with 1/2 cup coffee liquor
Powdered chocolate (dark/bitter)
1 pinch salt

Method
Beat the egg yolks and sugar until soft and fluffy.
Add the mascarpone and whip to a cream.
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until fluffy then gently fold into the mascarpone mixture
Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee and, in a large dish, alternate between layers of the sponge fingers and a layer of mascarpone cream.
When done, dust with a layer of bitter chocolate powder.
Cover, put in the fridge, and serve when cold.

I find that if you add the cocoa powder before serving it looks better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.