Friday, April 2, 2010

The Perfect Burger

It's almost barbecue time here in Arizona so I thought I'd look for the perfect burger recipe I could find. The best result was mixing different cuts of meat and then adding some bacon. I ask the butcher to mince the meats together with 4 rashers of bacon and then to mince again, that way I get a great combination.


Ingredients for the burgers

1 lb brisket, minced
8 oz rump, minced
8 oz chuck, minced
4 rashers bacon
Burger Buns
Method
Season the meat with salt, pepper and your favourite herb
Make into 4 burgers and let rest in the fridge for a couple of hours
For medium rare cook 3 mins each side, for medium 4 mins each side.
Could this be any easier!!!!
You can then use your own dressing, top with cheese and sliced tomatoes, onion rings - the possibilities are endless! Serve in lightly toasted burger buns.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought to ask the butcher to mince them together. What a great idea and this would give the hamburger patties so much more flavor too. Thanks for that tip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.