Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bean, Tomato and Gouda salad


This  salad of fresh tomatoes, fava beans and smoked gouda is fast, easy and healthy. It tastes good too.
For all my Maltese friends, use FUL, the fresher the better!


Ingredients
For the vinaigrette:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Salad
2 cups canned black beans, drained well
2 cups fresh  fava beans
1 cup fresh snap peas
1/4 cup diced red onion
4 ounces smoked fresh gouda, cubed
12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil


Method
1. Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine the beans, sweet peas, red onion, gouda and tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss the salad with half of the vinaigrette. Garnish with the fresh basil and season to taste with the salt and pepper.

More recipes like this from the Daily Green

1 comment:

  1. I so love all types of salads and this one especially with the sweet peas and beans sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.