Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggplant and Olive Pate

I love Aubergines, or Eggplant. This is an easy pate to make that tastes great on toasted bread, a kind of bruschetta if you wish


Courtesy of The Big Book of Quick & Healthy Meals, published by Hearst Books/Sterling Publishing 2007.
INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 eggplant, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons soy sauce
12 cherry tomatoes, blended
1 handful basil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
10 black olives, pitted and chopped
salt and black pepper to taste

METHOD
1. Sweat the onion in a pan with the oil.
2. Turn up the heat, add the eggplant and stir-fry until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Lower the heat, add the garlic, soy sauce, and tomatoes, then the basil, mustard, and olives. Very gently stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
3. Season and serve on toasted French bread with plenty of crisp green lettuce and French dressing.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.