Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers


Easy, tasty and healthy! Makes a great supper  - or a brunch!

You can use coloured peppers as well - they look pretty!



Ingredients (serves 3)
3 peppers, halved lengthwise and de seeded
2 Italian sausages.(remove from skins and crumble)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
3 tbs fresh basil, chopped
3/4 cup tomato sauce (fresh is best but canned will do!)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3 slices parma ham cut in half


Method
Heat oven to 425F
Place peppers, cut sides up in microwave, covered with wax paper, and zap for 2 mins or until crisp but tender.
In a pan, brown the sausages, add garlic, stir in rice and basil.
Spoon mixture into the pepper halves , add a slice of parma ham on top of each and put in  a baking dish lined in foil.
Spoon tomato sauce over and top with cheese
Bake 15-20 mins until peppers are tender and cheese slightly browned.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great weekday supper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuffed peppers and I really like the idea of sausage AND rice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.