Monday, September 6, 2010

Low Fat Chocolate Cake

Diet is going well but I miss CHOCOLATE! I found this old recipe for a low fat chocolate cake...and messed it up by adding the cream on top..oh well!




Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 eggs
2tbs vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla
230gms vanilla yogurt
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar (or try sugar substitute but i hate that!)


Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease around cake pan.
In a medium bowl: mix the flour,sugar,cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl mix the yogurt, oil,vanilla extract and egg yolks.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Stir the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture until just blended. Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Serve with fruits such as strawberries, raspberries or orange

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.