Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bitter Orange Crostata

I am on (yet) another diet so it is torture to post this recipe cos I cant make it or I'll eat it!
I challenge someone to make it and tell me what it tastes like! And ill send you a free gift if you do!

Ingredients
2 1/3 cups  flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces, plus more for the pan
2 large egg yolks
1 12-ounce jar orange marmalade

Directions
Heat oven to 375° F.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the butter pieces and blend with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.

Add the egg yolks and knead just until the dough comes together. Form the dough into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Using your fingertips, evenly press 2/3 of the dough into a buttered 10-inch pie plate. Spread the marmalade evenly over the top.

Roll the remaining dough into six 1/2-inch-wide strips and place them in a crisscross pattern over the marmalade. Bake until lightly golden, 40 minutes.

Just FYI - its over 500 calories a serving... OUCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.