Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chicken with Peanut Butter Sauce

Today's Guest blogger is Stephen Wong from Rice Palette. In his own words,
 "I only started recently cooking, and all the recipes in my blog are ones I learned from family and friends.  I'm in my mid-20's from Ottawa, Canada, and I'm still learning my ways around the kitchen.


Well, by the look and read of his blog, he is doing very well!


Here is his recipe for Chicken with peanut butter sauce:

Ingredients

  • 350 g of chicken, cut into small bite-sized pieces (white, dark, choice is yours)
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 small carrot, cut into small cube-like pieces
  • 1 green pepper, cut into small cube-like pieces
  • 1 small onion, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or water)
  • 2 teaspoons of chicken broth powder
  • 1-2 teaspoons of sesame oil
  • 3 teaspoons of cooking (rice) wine
  • 1 teaspoon of corn starch
  • 4 teaspoons of vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce (optional)
  • chili sauce to taste
  • 3-4 teaspoons of sugar (or to taste)
  • pinch of salt to taste
  • 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil
  • cashews or peanuts for garnish
Preparation

  • Marinade the chicken with a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of chicken broth powder, 1 tablespoon of the cooking (rice) wine, and the corn starch.
Directions

  1. In a preheated wok (or pan), heat the cooking oil, then add the garlic. Once the garlic starts to turn a little brown, add the chicken and saute.
  2. When the chicken is cooked, add the carrots, and saute for a minute.
  3. Add the rest of the cooking (rice) wine (2 teaspoons), add the onions, and then stir-fry for another couple of minutes. Then add the green peppers and chicken broth (or water).
  4. Add in the following: hoisin sauce (optional), pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of chicken broth powder, chili sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry for a few seconds, and then add the vinegar and the peanut butter. Stir-fry. Perform a taste-test (You should definitely be able to taste the peanut butter!).
  5. Finish off by adding the sesame oil. Garnish with cashews or peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.