Sunday, May 22, 2011

Croutons

croutons make the perfect garnish for soups and salads.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp Salt
2 cups 1/2" diced bread
Method

Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
Season the butter with salt and mix together. In a medium bowl, pour half of the butter onto the bread and toss. Repeat with remaining butter and transfer to a baking sheet.
Toast crouton for about 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown, tossing occasionally. Once finished, add a little salt to the croutons while they are still hot. Set aside to cool

Tips
I also like to add herbs to the mixture. For an even distribution of butter,salt and herbs, brush on the butter mixture or sometimes, the oil mixture, before cubing the bread.
If you don't butter that much, you can actually use cold pressed olive oil instead of the butter. Some creamy soups just go really well with the croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.