here is a low fat alternative to Alfredo sauce.
- Broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender, Drain.
- Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the corn starch. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the broccoli and mix thoroughly.
- Add to your favorite pasta
- Top each serving with extra Parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley
You can also add some cooked chicken breast, or shrimps to jazz this up