Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Low fat Alfredo Sauce

I love pasta...and as they say - its the sauce that makes you fat not the pasta...
here is a low fat alternative to Alfredo sauce.


Ingredients

  • Broccoli florets
  • 1 1/2 cups skimmed milk
  • 1 tablespoon  butter
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan
  •  salt

Method
  1.  bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender,  Drain.
  2. Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the corn starch. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the  broccoli and mix thoroughly.
  4. Add to your favorite pasta
  5. Top each serving with extra Parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley
You can also add some cooked chicken breast, or shrimps to jazz this up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.