Friday, March 26, 2010

Tuscan Potato Soup

This is a great soup just in time for the beginning of spring. There are variations in the ingredients used so i have added them in brackets.
Zuppa Toscana 
Ingredients:

2 Italian sausages (remove from casing and crumble. Zalzett malti would also do!)
A few slices of pancetta
2 potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4" slices
3/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
chicken broth, one carton or about 1 ltr
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (or you can also use about 4 tbs of Philadelphia cream cheese)
salt and pepper to taste

Method.
Put onions, carrots and celery in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic and potatoes  to the onions and cook an additional 1minute. Add chicken broth,and bring to a boil. .Add the sausage and bring to a simmer.Let simmer for about 5 mins or until sausage is cooked. Add kale and cream. Season.Simmer for about 5-10 minutes and serve.

2 comments:

  1. A hearty look and feel. This sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, warm, inviting and delicious. I wish I had some right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.