Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Zuppa Di Cozze - Mussels

I love seafood - and nothing is better than fresh mussles and Italian Bread to soak up the juices! I like to add as much garlic as possible. Since there is no sea here in Arizona i have to buy fresh frozen...not quite the same but still good.


INGREDIENTS
1 Kg of mussels
Lots of fresh parsley
2 or 3 large garlic cloves
6 ripe tomatoes (about 600gms)
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
4 slices of Italian style bread

METHOD
Clean the mussels, washing well and getting rid of any 'beard'.
Chop the parsley, garlic and tomatoes.
In a large pot, place the oil, the mixture of garlic and parsley and bring to an almost boil.
Add the chopped tomatoes, some salt and cook for about 10min on a low heat with the cover on, stirring often.
In the meantime, grill the bread and rub with some garlic.
Add the mussels and cook on a rolling heat until the mussels open - about 5-6 mins- stirring from time to time.

Serve in a soup plate in their own juice, adding a slice of bread, some freshly ground pepper and a piece of parsley for decoration.

1 comment:

  1. the exact benefits of rice might not be common knowledge, one thing is for certain: it's delicious!  organic basmati brown rice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.