Thursday, June 25, 2009

English Custard

Serves 8
INGREDIENTS
2 cups (500ml) milk
6 egg yolks
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 vanilla pod
rind of one small lemon - thickly cut

PREPARATION
Heat milk in a saucepan with the vanilla and lemon rind
Bring to the boil.
Remove from heat and cool a little.
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl for about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Little by little, stir in warm milk until well mixed.
Cook stirring constantly with a whisk untei mixture starts to thicken (Do not allow to boil). Remove from heat, place over a pan of ice and allow to cool completely, stirring from time to time.
You can serve this custard as a dessert or use it as garnish or filling of another dessert like the ENGLISH TRIFLE....which will be my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I have a weakness for English custard (my latest post was about it!) I am almost afraid to let myself make this at home--I would just eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. g,day all recipe is good but way to much sugar,should be one table spoon, one cup is far to much,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.