Thursday, August 4, 2011

Maltese Bruschetta - Hobz Biz-Zejt

Sent by my uncle Ed in canada (check out his website http://www.edwardabela.com/ )
We are a talented family!!!


"Hobz biz-zejt (bread with oil)

Fresh traditional crusty Maltese style bread (e.g. Italian calabrese) is generously sliced.
Dip slices in a large plate of olive oil and then spread with kunserva (concentrated tomato paste).
Add capers, olives, salt and pepper, fresh mint leaves, cut tomato slices and onions, and if you like, anchovies or canned tuna.
Preferably eaten on a Maltese rocky beach after swimming on a sunny day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.