Monday, April 11, 2011

Aïoli with veggies

The success of this simple dish depends on the freshness of the vegetables; if you have a garden then this is the recipe for you.
Thanks to Saveur once again
5 lbs. of young vegetables such as beets, carrots,  asparagus, and new potatoes
Salt
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 egg yolks 
1 cup  extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
1. Cook vegetables, one type at a time, in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat until tender (cook beets last). Remove from water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Use a mortar and pestle to mash garlicinto a paste, then transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in egg yolks. Then, whisking constantly, drizzle in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and fresh lemon juice. Makes 1 cup aïoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.