Friday, January 7, 2011

Seafood Chowder

I have been reading Saveur diligently - such great recipes.
Here is one i thought you might like. Its really really good and very easy to make! I am posting it with a few changes that I made
Ingredients:

4 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste   
1 lb.  potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
1 cup half-and-half, at room temperature
1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
1 lb. haddock, cut into 1" pieces
6 oz.  scallops
4 oz. cooked lobster meat, chopped
1  9.75-oz. jar whole baby clams in their liquid (I used fresh clams, cooked them, and then used clam juice. )



1. Heat butter in a  saucepan over medium-low heat. Add thyme, bay leaf, and onions; season with salt and pepper and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until onions are soft but not browned, 20 minutes.

2. Add potatoes, half-and-half, cream, and 4 cups water and bring to a simmer; cook, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until potatoes are just tender, 10–12 minutes.

3. Add haddock and scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through and potatoes are very tender, 3–4 minutes. Add lobster and clams with their liquid and cook until heated through, 2–3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.

SERVES 6 – 8
This article was first published in Saveur in Issue #126

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.