Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Keftethes - Greek Meatballs Recipe


Greek Meatballs (Keftethes)

Thanks to Joanne for this

4 servings.
Ingredients
4 slices bread, white or wheat or whole grain - or Bread crumbs - they’re easier.If you use bread, trim the crusts.

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
1 medium onion chopped fine.
1 tbs. crushed mint
salt and pepper to taste
some flour
2 tbs butter. 2 tbs olive oil.


Cooking method
Place in mixing bowl and cover with small amounts of water. For bread crumbs youcan omit this step.

Add meat, egg, onion, mint, salt and pepper.
Shape into two inch patties.
Coat the patties well with the flour.
Fry the patties in the mixture of oil and butter.f. Brown on each side then drain.
You can make these ahead of time and freeze them thenwhen you are ready to serve
efrost and reheat them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

These are absolutely fantastic with potato salad or coleslaw. They’re also great cold and on picnics. You can also use these with a tomato sauce and serve meatballs and spaghetti. A little twist on the traditional. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Why do I forget to use mint more often?! We've got it growing in the yard... I want to try this- sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.