Friday, August 27, 2010

Cauliflower side dish

I know there are many of you who don't like cauliflower - I have my ups and downs but this is a delicious way to make it as an accompaniment to any meal.


Ingredients:
1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into small florets
4 tablespoons  olive oil
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice

 teaspoon red-pepper flakes

4 mint leaves, torn up.


Method
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. 
In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Transfer the cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, rotating the baking sheet and stirring the cauliflower halfway through, until the edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. 
Remove from the oven and let cool completely.


In a medium pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until crispy and warmed through, about 4 minutes.


In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the lemon juice, pepper flakes and mint. Season with salt and serve immediately.


This recipe has been attributed to Bruce Binn . Thanks to Simone for sending it to me!

1 comment:

  1. I dunno . . . the only way I ever eat cauliflower is on a veggie tray dipped in ranch. I think that means I need to expand my tastes a little and try your side dish. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.