Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mini Cupcakes

I love cupcakes - in all flavours - but since I am always trying to lose weight (HAHA) I decided to make mini cupcakes and limit myself to one a day (you think??!)

This is a super easy recipe.
Make 36 mini cupcakes
Sift, in a medium bowl:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup corn starch (cornflour for my European friends)
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk powder
 I bought this some time ago and could not decide what to use it for so i used it in my cupcakes!

Using an electric blender, mix:
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup butter (cut into small pieces)
Mix well until very very smooth.
With the blender running, add the dry ingredients a spoonful at a time and mix until smooth. The mixture will be thickish.
Put into small cupcake pans that you have lined with the little liners.
Cook on 350F for about 20 mins.
When cool, you can add your favorite frosting.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds and looks divine. You've got the right idea I think. One mini one per day will help in losing weight. I might try the same with donuts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.