Thursday, December 2, 2010

Latkes

This is a really good recipe that I got from Real Simple

Happy Hanukkah!



Ingredients

  • 2 tbs canola oil
  • 2 lbs peeled potatoes
  • 1 red onion finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup  flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2  eggs, beaten
  • applesauce and sour cream, for serving

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 450° F. Brush 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon of the oil and set aside.
  2. Using a box grater or a food processor fitted with a shredding blade, coarsely grate the potatoes. Place the grated potatoes in a large bowl with the onion, flour, salt, pepper, eggs, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Toss to mix well.
  3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets and press lightly to make patties. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Turn the latkes with a metal spatula and rotate the baking sheets. Bake another 5 minutes or until golden.
  4. Transfer to a platter and serve with the applesauce and sour cream.
     This recipe makes 2 dozen latkes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Visit We Are Chefs




All the recipes here have either been sent to me, adapted by me or found on the web. If I know the source I always give credit to the author/website. If you know of a source I may have missed please let me know.